Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hi Randy, Brittany, Marissa , Sue, Debbie, Mom, Jackie, Bill & family! I made it to Africa!!

July 31 - Day 2 - Before I get started, I want to mention what an awesome team we  have.  I must mention all their names: Jim, Amiee, Eugene, Matt, Mark, Zara, Hannah, Corinna, Tom, Justin, & Bruce-what a great team! Today we built brick walls, built forms, set the final rebar cages and cleaned up!  I am becoming quite a "skilled masonary"  lol!  The men our so patient in showing me these skills.  Meredith, Shawn, Carla and Jeff have really gone out of their way with delicious meals and their hospitality.  I have to admit, one of the "highlights" of our day, was watching Justin pet the bull!!!  He was very proud, I must add.  The children are all so precious-just wanting to be held, played with and hanging out.
  Message for team 3, we are recommending to bring extra towels and washcloths, shower squeegie's, concrete floats, cement trowels and bathroom hooks. Oh and some krispy M&M's, peanut  M&M's (for Meredith & Carla) and some snacks for your group ( which I can't wait to work with you guys too!) . Forgot to tell you team 3, you do not need mosquito nets. Jim started us out with a devotion, and Matt ended out day with a devotion.  We are all really blessed to being serving in Jesus's name.  Blessings to you all and please keep us all in your prayers.

Becky




1 comment:

  1. Listen to all those fancy words you're learning! Thanks for the update! :)
    Still praying! Blessings to all!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete