Thursday, July 26, 2012

Coming to an end

Today is Thursday, our second to last day at In Step. We have officially finished the sixth course of rock for the outside walls and started the brick laying for the inside walls. Tomorrow is our last day of work and we will continue to lay bricks.
Our time here at In Step has been an incredible experience. There are few words that I can use to describe just how impeccable this place really is. There are now 114 children being housed in two long dorms and fed three times a day. The workers here that make it all happen are amazing. I don't know how they can manage to pull off all the responsibilities that come with taking care of 114 kids every single day.
These children have given so much to me. Hearing the story of what an innocent young life has gone through while looking at the child brought tears to my eyes. All the stories have been difficult to hear. God has brought them here for better lives and that is exactly what they are given when they come here. To everyone who has made In Step what it is today, you have done amazing work and given so much to so many little hearts. I am truly amazed by what I have seen here. My experience will always stay with me.
Jena

1 comment:

  1. The Jet Blue plane carrying group 1 has just landed in Rochester, New York (10:57 AM EDT, Monday, 30 July 2012).

    ReplyDelete