Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 3




Today was a big labor day for me ( Justin Power ). Endless wheelbarrows of gravel and rocks. Then once we got them into piles me and our Kenyan helper Alfred had to shovel it up again! Before all these endless wheelbarrow loads carried up planks that we nailed together, I carried 4 bags of cement! Those things weigh 110 LBS each!!!! Matt and I had to carry them about a 1/4 mile across a field! During lunch time we got a break though, and we got items from a vendor that came in from town that had fair pricing. Around 3pm we got heavy rain until about 4:45 that was a nice break from all the work!! But no, we didn't stop then. Jim Taylor was pounding away making forms so that we will be all ready for tomorrow for when we have to pour the concrete!
      Yesterday I got to pet the bull!! That was so cool. It was more scared of me then I was scared of it. We have made great progress and as a team we have NO slackers. I am blessed to be part of such an awesome team. We will continue the hard work and do the best that we can do every single day to get this orphanage built!

No comments:

Post a Comment